xsl-list

encoding of text files

2002-11-14 03:02:54
Hello,

I have a problem with generated java/text files and their encoding.

From a autotest description a java file is generated. If i use default output encoding (UTF-8), the German umlauts in the output looks like this one:
           "geändert"

If I use ISO-8859-1 it's correct:
           "geändert"

I use Netbeans, which knows in general UTF-8 (with XML), but I don't know whether it knows UTF-8 in text files. At least the output of the java file is also wrong.

It should be possible to have text files in UTF-8, shouldn't it?? What can then be the problem? How are text files marked as UTF-8?

With pure XML encoding seems simple, but what about text files. Can somebody enlighten me or point to some resources?

Joerg

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG