xsl-list

Re: xslt replace special characters

2002-11-11 13:29:44
if it is a webpage, then javascript to replace the characters is ok, but it
may be safer to do the replace on the server, before parsing.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Faron" <gfaron(_at_)integretechpub(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt replace special characters

Alice,

   This is going way off-topic, but...

   You still haven't described the environment of the UI, so I'll assume
it's an HTML page.  If so, use a simple JavaScript function to replace all
occurrences of '&' with '&amp;' in your textfield value prior to the
form's
submission.

<script type="text/javascript">

function mySubmit()
   {
   document.true_url.value = convert(document.url.value);
   document.myform.action = "real form url here";
   document.myform.submit();
   // 'true_url' will have the "encoded" url value.
   } // ends mySubmit(void)

function convert(url)
   {
   var re = /&/g;
   return url.replace(re, "&amp;");
   } // ends convert(String)

</script>
<form name="myform" action="javascript:;" method="post">
   <input type="text" name="url" value="" />
   <input type="hidden" name="true_url" value="" />
   <input type="button" value="Submit" onclick="mySubmit();" />
</form>

Greg