xsl-list

Re: how to add a </tr> on every position() mod 4 = 0 ?

2002-11-11 05:06:20
hi,

one more question. I'm using as in the example my bar[position()] for a
parameter, so when listing I had a number before : 1..9, but now I have
1..4, plus I have a in foo a position() 1..3. I could count the current
position if I could see somehow the foo position in <xsl:template
match="bar"/> but xsl:variable is not overwritten. do you know any method to
find the current bar position() num in the full list?

Thomas

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 10:11
Subject: RE: [xsl] how to add a </tr> on every position() mod 4 = 0 ?

Hi,

I have a list in xml, and want to show them in a 4-column
table (in at least
2 rows). so I would like to add a closing </tr> tag to every <xsl:if
test="position() mod 4 = 0"> but I cannot write a simple
closing </tr> tag
here, because parser says it's an error. (However a <tr/>
works for output,
but it's not the clean and sytanctically the best way)

Remember, you're not writing tags with XSLT, but rather building a tree
(see <http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#data-model>). Try something in the lines of

<xsl:template match="foo">
    <xsl:for-each select="bar[position() mod 4 = 1]">
        <xsl:apply-templates select=". | following-sibling::bar[position()
    </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

Cheers,

Jarno - Wumpscut: Wreath of Barbs (Album mix)