xsl-list

Re: UTF-8, RTF and XSLT

2002-11-07 15:49:17
At 10:02 PM +0100 11/7/02, J.Pietschmann suggested:
Your output file is most probably encoded in UTF-8 too. This has
nothing to do with the encoding of the XML source file, it is
just the default.
Declare the output encoding you want to use and the output method
(it should be text, rather than the default XML):
 <xsl:output method="text" encoding="ISO-8859-9"/>

Jason,

Thanks. I've already tried several ISO-8859-x and other variants of the encoding attribute of the xsl:output method without success. The resulting text still contains a two-character representation for the high-ascii value that is not being read properly by a RTF reader. I've also been experimenting with variations on the ansicpgx tag in the rtf header and well as wading through the rtf specs trying to see if there are other ways to handle this, but so far no luck.

- Russ

Russell Kohn , Chaparral Software & Consulting Services Inc.
Calabasas, California -  http://www.chapsoft.com - 818.225.1247