xsl-list

Re: Disable Output Esacping Problems

2002-11-06 13:54:16
Hello Rechell,

what about my last mail? I suggested a solution (I hope so). And I said "Don't use disable-output-escaping!" See http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/XSL-List/1422654.

Does anybody what's up with archive at sources.redhat.com??

Regards,

Joerg

Schwartz, Rechell R, ALCAS wrote:
All,

I am trying to generate an HTML file that will really be generated as an XML file and then
be used as input to another XSL stylesheet (for styling purposes) where it will then be
converted to a new HTML file for display in the browser. In the second XSLT file, the
program goes through each <TR> and <TD> tag and adds an appropriate atribute
for styling.

In the first XSLT file I need (or I think I need) to disable output esacping because I need
to generate non-symmetrical XML tags. The disabling of output esacping generates the
expected output, but the second XSLT file doesn't seem to recognize the <TD> and
<TR> tags whose output was escaped and fails to apply the appropriate styling to
these tags.

Here is the code:

<xsl:template match="Side Dish">
<xsl:if test="position() = 1">
        <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[<tr><td>Side
Dish:</td><td>]]></xsl:text>
</xsl:if>
      <xsl:value-of select="."/>
<xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="position() != last()">
                <xsl:text>, </xsl:text>
        </xsl:when>
        <xsl:otherwise>
                <xsl:text
disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[</td></tr>]]></xsl:text>
        </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Any help would be greatly apprecited.