xsl-list

RE: access document object during xform on IE6

2002-11-05 16:00:57

During XSLT transformation using IE6 I am trying to access
the document object to extract the URL of the XML doc currently being
transformed.

MK>Just pass it in to the transformation as a parameter.

I don't control the xml source document structure or the url
parameters. I basically just have control over stylesheet
parameter name and the stylesheet's content:

  http://www.domain.com/DoIt?xml=file.xml&xsl=file.xsl

file.xml and file.xsl are placed on the server through some other
mechanism and the only thing I can author or modify is file.xsl.

So in loading this URL in IE6, is there a way to gain access
to the the above URL *during* transformation? Are there any objects
exposed within in the scope of the following javascript call?
Or do I have to wait till the transformation is complete and
then learn the URL through handling the onload event:

Does this clear up what I am asking? I want to know what objects
if any might be available durng transformation through JavaScript?
Clearly document does not exist yet when the javascript is called.

 <msxsl:script language="javascript" implements-prefix="user">
  <![CDATA[
   function DoIt() {
     return   document.location.href;
   }
  ]]>
 </msxsl:script>
Since the document object does not exist I am
getting an error. Q1) Is there any way to salvage the
approach used below to somehow access the URL of the XML page
being transformed? Q2) If the document object is unavailable
is there any other object that can be used in its place?
Thanks in advance.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

                xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
                xmlns:user="http://mycompany.com/mynamespace";
                version="1.0">

 <msxsl:script language="javascript" implements-prefix="user">
  <![CDATA[
   function DoIt() {
     return   document.location.href;
   }