xsl-list

RE: Antwort: RE: XML-Data from JavaScript into XSL

2002-11-04 08:14:35
From: Johannes(_dot_)Becker(_at_)o2(_dot_)com
[mailto:Johannes(_dot_)Becker(_at_)o2(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 6:29 AM
Subject: Antwort: RE: [xsl] XML-Data from JavaScript into XSL

Hi,

If my English would be better I would explain it more detailed.

There's a JS-function if you changed something in a dropdown-field.
Depending on what you changed (selectedIndex) an other
dropdown-field fills
with the corresponding entrys from an xml-file.

function patternClick()
{
  choiceReport=document.patternFrm.report.selectedIndex;

if(choiceReport == 1)
{
   // this part I would want in JS, like
document.createdFrm.yearStart.options[0] = new Option(year,year);
  <select>
  <xsl:for-each select="options/option1">
    <option>
      <xsl:value-of select="."/>
    </option>
  <xsl:for-each>
</select>

< snip >

But how can I do that?

You're headed on the right path XSLT-wise, but your code above would output
literal HTML tags into a JavaScript function, which would cause obvious
problems with most browsers.  You need to use JavaScript inside the for-each
to populate the select list's option array with values from your XML input.
If you need help with the JavaScript, you can ask me via a private e-mail,
since this is not really an XSLT question.

cheers,
b.

| brian martinez
brian(_dot_)martinez(_at_)trip(_dot_)com |
| senior gui programmer                                  303.708.7248 |
| trip network, inc.                                 fax 303.790.9350 |
| 6436 s. racine cir.                             englewood, co 80111 |
| http://www.cheaptickets.com/                   http://www.trip.com/ |