xsl-list

Re: element values don't display with value-of

2002-11-01 10:00:51

Your context is changed to sources/source within <xsl:for-each
select="sources/source">.
So Try
<xsl:value-of select="." /> instead of <xsl:value-of select="source"/> to
print the value of current node

Ritu

----- Original Message -----
From: <penfool(_at_)attbi(_dot_)com>
To: <XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 10:52 AM
Subject: [xsl] element values don't display with value-of

I'm having a problem getting element values to display.
Here is the XML structure:

articles
article
name /name
description /description
bodyblock
summary /summary
analysis /analysis
sources
     source /source
     source /source
     source /source
/sources
/bodyblock
/article
/articles

When a bodyblock node is the current context, I call the
following template to show the sources:

<xsl:template name="list-sources">
<xsl:for-each select="sources/source">
<xsl:value-of select="source" />  (value here)
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template

Since I get the correct number of "(value here)" lines
for each bodyblock in the results, the source elements
are obviously being parsed, but none of the source
values show up. Am I missing something obvious here? I
am doing the same thing for other nodes (article,
bodyblock)and those work fine.

I'm using Forte/JSP for development with SAX as the
parser.

Thanks,
Graham Tillotson