xsl-list

RE: Testing the name of parent node

2002-12-20 05:23:28
I think you need

<xsl:if test="not(parent::a)">

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Ragulf Pickaxe
Sent: 20 December 2002 09:58
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Testing the name of parent node

Hello all,

I think this is trivial, but I can't seem to find how to do it:

I am in a node <a...> which can have any number of parents or
childs of the
same type. I want to know if the node I have in hand is the
topmost <a...>.

If it was the attribute that had value a, I think the
solution would be like
<xsl:if test="../@attr='a'">

What do I have instead of @attr when I want to test the nodes
name (is this
called "basename").

I tried looking at the name() funktion, but the explanation
was not very
clear to me (Michael Kay's book, 2nd edition), and I don't
know if this is
the right track at all.

I really would appreciate some pointers.

Thank you
Ragulf Pickaxe :)