xsl-list

RE: [XSL] extracting a verse (LONG)

2002-12-19 10:25:28
At 10:55 AM 12/19/2002, David McNally wrote:
At the risk of beating a dead horse, here's an improvement of the key-based
method to handle markup that doesn't cleanly nest....

[snip...]

I'm not sure how processor intensive this is,

Extremely! the preceding and following axes, and the node-intersection idiom, are all expensive in XSLT 1.0. (Maybe one of our mathematicians can say just how intensive it is, and whether and how it might be optimized.)

but it seems to more or less do what's needed.

It does, and thank you! Another demonstration of what's not impossible.

The Collective Brain is an awesome thing. Cool stuff, David.

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez