xsl-list

RE: output method html doesnt work with namespace in source tree

2002-12-17 10:08:12

From that I would say Xalan conforms, Saxon doesnt and MSXML is
confused... ;-)

here's a question for I guess everyone, how many people actually find a
use for xsl:output method="html"?

I think I've used in once or twice, but I'm not sure in that the
occasions, if any, where I have used it have not been so pressing that I
could not just output xml.

Are there some particular browsers, html implementations, out there that
will choke on <br/> for example? I can't say I've come across them so
they must be relatively rare.

For me it always seemed that the ability to output html was one of the
things that were originally assumed to be very likely of high import
that later turned out to have very little import whatsoever.

What is your usage, percentage wise of xsl:output method="html" and why?