xsl-list

incrementing dates with variables?

2002-12-17 08:13:43
List:
I have a problem that is just outright bugging me. What I need to do is take
the arrivalDate which is a param at top-level and then depending on how many
nightlyRates are under NightlyRates element in the XML, increment depending on
how many nights there are.
xml snippiet:
<HotelAvailabilityListResults size="20">
        <Hotel>
                <hotelID>129475</hotelID>
                <marketingLevel>2</marketingLevel>
                <confidence>79</confidence>
                <name>WARWICK</name>
                <address1>1776 GRANT STREET</address1>
                <address2/>
                <address3></address3>
                <city>DENVER</city>
                <stateProvince>CO</stateProvince>
                <country>US</country>
                <postalCode>80203</postalCode>
                <airportCode>DEN</airportCode>
                <phone1>1 303 8612000</phone1>
                <phone2/>
                <fax>1 303 8320320</fax>
                <lowRate>89.0</lowRate>
                <highRate>255.0</highRate>
                <HotelProperty>
                        <latitude/>
                        <longitude/>
                        <id>DEN WARW</id>
                        <chaincode/>
                        <amenityCount>0</amenityCount>
                        <name>WARWICK</name>
                        <description>Standard 1-2 People</description>
                        <rating>4.0</rating>
                        <location>DOWNTOWN</location>
                        <totalRate>417.00</totalRate>
                        <policy/>
                        <nonRefundable>N</nonRefundable>
                        <specialRate>N</specialRate>
                        <NightlyRates size="3" dispCurrencyCode="USD">
                                <nightlyRate>119.95</nightlyRate>
                                <nightlyRate>119.95</nightlyRate>
                                <nightlyRate>119.95</nightlyRate>
                        </NightlyRates>
                </HotelProperty>
                <supplier id="2" chainCode="DEN"/>
                <supplier id="3" chainCode="WK"/>
                <supplier id="10" chainCode="WK"/>
        </Hotel>
....Truncated for display purposes...
</HotelAvailabilityListResults>

xsl snippiet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
        <xsl:param name="citysearch"/>
        <xsl:param name="arrivalDate"/>
        <xsl:param name="departureDate"/>
        <xsl:param name="statesearch"/>
        <xsl:param name="resType"/>
        <xsl:param name="numberOfAdults"/>
        <xsl:output method="html"/>
        <xsl:template match="/">
<!--other html stuff here-->

                                                <xsl:if
test="HotelAvailabilityListResults[(_at_)size &gt; 1]">

cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="479">

colspan="5" align="center"><b>Your results for <xsl:value-of
select="$citysearch"/>, <xsl:value-of select="$statesearch"/></b></td>

<xsl:call-template name="table"/>

                                                </xsl:if>

<!--pblm code-->
                                <xsl:for-each
select="HotelProperty/NightlyRates">
                                        <xsl:value-of select="$arrivalDate"/>
                                                <xsl:variable name="size"
select="@size"/>
                                                <xsl:variable name="inc">
                                                        <xsl:value-of
select="substring($arrivalDate,4,5)"/>
                                                </xsl:variable>
                                                <xsl:variable name="begin">
                                                        <xsl:value-of
select="substring($arrivalDate,1,3)"/>
                                                </xsl:variable>
                </xsl:for-each>

I know that I'm pbly thinking about this the wrong way, any suggestions, good
or bad are welcome.
Ideally I would like the following format:

first date  second date   third date
   price          price             price

and so on...

Thanks!