xsl-list

excluding xml fragments by attributes using copy-of?

2002-12-13 13:30:48
I'm trying to translate one XML document to another using XSL but I can't come
up with the proper XSL.

lets say the incoming document has this form

<A>
 <B>
  <C value="foo">
   <D />
  </C>
 </B>
 <B>
  <C value="bar">
   <D />
  </C>
 </B>
 <E />
 <F />
</A>

The transformed file would ideally be

<A>
 <B>
  <C value="foo">
   <DPRIME />
  </C>
 </B>
 <B>
  <C value="bar">
   <D />
  </C>
 </B>
 <E />
 <F />
</A>

Notice how D was changed to DPRIME.  I want to retain all of the nodes and
attributes of the rest of the original XML file, but change the contents of

select="/A/B/C[value='foo']" from D to DPRIME.

I think the solution has something to do with copy-of and the not() operator..
but I can't come up with a simple XSL solution to what amounts to a simple
transformation.

Help?!

Carl