xsl-list

RE: Convert XML to Image with Dynamic Data

2002-12-13 10:42:19
Hi,

You should have a fallback for people unwilling to use activeX or install a
plugin (I personally don't use ActiveX in IE). This issue would make me want to
avoid SVG on the client-side. You could still use (simple) svg and Apache's
Batik on the server to rasterize it to a gif or png. Serve the SVG if they have
the viewer, and if no viewer, fallback to the gif/png. It amazes me how many
'professional' sites only allow viewing of Flash or SVG with no fallback...

best,
-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
KUMAR
NINGASHETTY
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 9:15 AM

John,

Thanks for those pointers ..That should help me a great deal .The
reason i posted this here to see if there were any alternatives to SVG that
are simple .. Looks like SVG is the solution for my case from your email ...

Thanks a ton ..
- kumar