xsl-list

RE: How to create hyperlinks using XSL or XML files

2002-12-12 18:15:49
Why not save yourself some time and forget about the variable. just
write:

<!--  Put the contents of the variable into the HTML -->

Mick Storm
Archetype Solutions, Inc.
Emeryville, CA. 94608

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Steve Gold
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 5:05 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] How to create hyperlinks using XSL or XML files

How about doing it this way also:

<!--    Set a variable to hold the href link -->
<xsl:variable name="href"><xsl:value-of select="@URL"></xsl:variable>

<!--  Put the contents of the variable into the HTML -->

Just for fun, I have included a similar code snip below which puts a
value into the hyperlink as a part of the query string for when you want
custom hyperlinks:
- <xsl:variable name="unit_id">
  <xsl:value-of select="UNIT_ID" />
  </xsl:variable>
- <a href="homepage_web.html?{$unit_id}">
  <xsl:value-of select="UNIT_NAME" />
  </a>

Enjoy,

            Steve