xsl-list

RE: need help with boolean comparison in XSL

2002-12-12 11:37:26

I have this comparison on my XSL page currently:

<xsl:when test="a:propstat/a:prop[office:EndDate !=
'']">

It is checking to see if the EndDate property exists.

No it isn't. It's checking if the element exists and is non-empty.

My xml page is generated from properties (which are
sort of the equivalent of fields from a database) that
are pulled from a web storage system from Microsoft's
sharepoint portal server.

I need to check if an EndDate AND StartDate are equal
to each other but I'm not writing the correct syntax.
I tried this, and other iterations, but I receive an
error every time:

<xsl:when test="a:propstat/a:prop[office:EndDate =
a:propstat/a:prop[office:StartDate]]">

Can you please help with this?

a:propstat/a:prop[office:EndDate = office:StartDate]

selects all those a:prop elements that have endDate = startDate (they
must both be present, and equal to each other).

But perhaps the EndDate and StartDate are children of different a:prop
elements that are children of the same a:propstat?

In that case you want:

a:propstat[a:prop/office:EndDate = a:prop/office:StartDate]

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com