xsl-list

RE: selecting attribute name

2002-12-12 04:03:15
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Michael Kay wrote:

My first recommendation is to go back and redesign the XML. Using
structured attribute names with an internal syntax is a really bad way
to represent information.

We actually came in our team to the same conclusion and did some
rewriting with the xml.

Jarkko

If you can't do that, or if you need to do a transformation to convert
this XML to something more reasonable, then you can write

select="@*[startswith(name(), 'orgid']"

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Jarkko Moilanen
Sent: 12 December 2002 09:52
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] selecting attribute name

Hi!

I have a small problem with selecting some attribute names.
I have a sourcetree of this kind:

<Distribution>
 <Receiver orgid1="1" orgname="KFOR" depid1="2"
depname="tiedustelu" roleid1="2" rolename="paivystaja"/>
<Receiver orgid2="3" orgname="TAY" depid2="2" depname="itcm"
roleid2="6" rolename="ohjelmoija"/> </Distribution>

Now I should select orgid* attribute names in result tree in
html, like
this:
<input type="hidden" orgid*="value" />,
where the * in orgid can be a number.

Ok. I know that I can get the attribute value with AVT, if I
would know the name of the attribute.

I don't know how to go forward, I've been thinking about
something like using the name() function. But the problem is
that I don't know the excact name of the attribute. I am not
asking any xslt code, but some kind of advice how to solve this.

Cheers,
Jarkko

Jarkko Moilanen          "Erehtyminen on inhimillista,
Researcher                mutta todella suuret mokat
jm60697(_at_)uta(_dot_)fi            vaativat tietokoneen käyttöä."
www.uta.fi/~jm60697
GSM: +358 50 3766 927
* ITCM | Information Technology and Crisis Management
* http://www.itcm.org