xsl-list

Allow document(...) use in front of location path patterns

2002-12-11 08:25:12

Thanks for the clarifications, we see now how the key declaration is
resolved relatively to the current context.

Still, we are in the case where our codes table may not be directly
accessible from the current node (because it resides in another source
document). So we have to use the approach pointed to us by Mike in XSLT 1.0
section 12.2.

But this will significantly complicate our XSLT. In our case the user can
combine any numbers of key() calls with keys defined from any source
document, and the stylesheet has to be autogenerated from a visual map.

So I think that, for XSLT 2.0, it would be great to allow to use the
document() function in front of location path patterns. This could be
interpreted very similarly to an absolute location path pattern.

LocationPathPattern ::= 'document(...)'? '/' RelativePathPattern? | etc..
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#NT-LocationPathPattern

Jerome.