xsl-list

Re: Multiple tranformations of a given element using XSL

2002-12-10 12:04:56
Ram UGroups wrote:
Can anybody please let me know if there is a way to
write different templates for different requirements
so that a template can work on already modified DOM.

To make it more clear, after I change an element name
during the first pass, if I would like to change the
content of the element during the second pass, the
second template is working on the source tree (which
is never modified) and hence the first change is being
compromised on the output tree. If there is a way I
can make the second template work on the DOM modified
by the first template, then I can probably use the new
element name in the 'match' variable of the second
template.

Why do you need two passes?

The way you described your problem, it sounds like an ordinary XSLT task. When
you create the new element, create its content at the same time.

Please post an example of the original XML (the source tree), and an example
of what output you want.

Mike

--
  Mike J. Brown   |  http://skew.org/~mike/resume/