xsl-list

RE: Chaining Transformers/Templates

2002-12-09 11:16:22
I can find plenty of examples and tutorials for chaining the
output from one SAXTransformer to the input of another, but I
can't find any examples when the starting point is a Template
object.

It sounds as if you want to generate a SAXTransformer from a Templates
object, which is trivial: you use the newTransformerHandler(Templates)
method of class SAXTransformerFactory.

But perhaps I missed the point of the question?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

The reason that I want to to use Templates is that I
will have a large number of threads performing a
transormations using two standard XSL stylesheets so I want
to avoid the overhead of re-processing the transform
instructions every time. TemplateHandler looks like it might
be a starting point but the Javadoc implies that a
TemplateHandler won't pre-process the transform instructions.

Is this possible and, if so, can someone point me towards
some examples.

Regards
Roger