xsl-list

RE: Default Namespace version problem

2002-12-05 20:46:05
I suspect that what's happening here is that your source document
contains an element with local name FOO in namespace V1, and you want
your result document to contain an element with local name FOO in
namespace V2. People sometimes imagine you can do this simply by
changing the namespace declarations: you can't. You are changing the
element name from (V1,FOO) to (V2,FOO). To change an element name, you
can't use <xsl:copy>, you have to use

<xsl:element name="local-name()" namespace="V2">

Ahh...thank you, that's exactly what I needed.  Everything works fine now.  I
didn't realise you cannot just change the namespace declarations.