xsl-list

XSL Help!!

2002-12-05 15:59:26
Hi there,
  I have a couple of questions on XSL stylesheets.
1)<xsl:template match="MEMBER">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="NAME"/>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="Phone[(_at_)type='work']"/>
</xsl:template>

When u say <xsl:apply-templates select="NAME"/>, Will all the NAME nodes under MEMBER be selected(say there are more than 1 NAME nodes under MEMBER)?Also will the NAME template rule be applied to each one of the NAME nodes before the Phone node is selected?

2)
<xsl:variable name='signers'
select=/legal_authenticator/person'/>
        <xsl:if test='$signers'>
</xsl:if>

What is the xsl:if tag doing here? Is it testing whether /legal_authenticator/person' exists??

3)<person_name>
         <nm>
           <GIV V="Henry"/>
           <FAM V="Levin"/>
          </nm>
         <person_name.type_cd V="L" S="2d"/>
       </person_name>

For the above xml, I see the following in the stylesheet
<xsl:apply-templates select='person_name[person_name.type_cd/@V="L"]'/>
What do the [] mean?? Why can't I just have / instead of the []??

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Chandra