xsl-list

EXSLFO Project Accepting Re-Usable FO Fragments

2002-12-03 16:16:45
It has been suggested that the EXSLFO project (exslfo.sourceforge.net)
would be an appropriate place to collect fragments of FO markup that can
be re-used or used as templates for solving common problems. This would
be an adjunct to the general how-to information already managed in the
XSL FAQ maintained by Dave Pawson.

At the moment I don't have any infrastructure to automate submissions,
so in the short term you can just send me stuff and I'll put it on the
Web site. I've gotten permission to re-use the EXSLT infrastructure for
submissions but I haven't yet had time to do anything with it (and
probably won't until after XML 2002). Of course if anyone would like to
volunteer to take on this task, I would be tremendously grateful....

Examples of FO fragments that might be useful include:

- Common page master declarations
- Common static content patterns
- Markup for tables of contents, indexes, etc.
- Markup for lists
- Utility constructs
- Clever uses of FO functions

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot(_at_)isogen(_dot_)com
Consultant, ISOGEN International

1016 La Posada Dr., Suite 240
Austin, TX  78752 Phone: 512.656.4139