xsl-list

RE: & replacemnt?

2002-12-03 02:13:13
Thanks for your answer, yes you are right about the source, it is wrongly
encoded. Actualy, I have a source file in html containing these escaped
sequences in the correct form (’ in this case) but when I use xerces to
create the XML document using the html as a source, the serializer gives me
these double escaped sequences. Maybe it is because it is reading the
characters one by one so when it sees the & character it translates it to &
then the following characters are put as is. Here is the java source code to
generate the XML file (only the concerned method):

        protected void create(Document xmldoc){
                FileOutputStream fos = null;
                try{
                        // Write To File
                        fos = new FileOutputStream(filename);
                        // XERCES 1 or 2 additionnal classes.
                        OutputFormat of = new
OutputFormat("xml",OUTPUT_FORMAT,false);
                        of.setIndent(1);
                        of.setIndenting(true);

                        XMLSerializer serializer = new XMLSerializer(fos,of);

                        // As a DOM Serializer
                        serializer.asDOMSerializer();
                        serializer.serialize( xmldoc.getDocumentElement() );

                        fos.close();

                } catch(Exception ex){
                        ex.printStackTrace();
                        System.out.println("Error:" + ex.getClass().getName()
+":"+ ex.getMessage());

                } finally {
                                try{ fos.close();} catch(Exception
ex){System.out.println("Can't close XML file outputstream");}
                }

        }

I guess that this code is responsible for the doule escaping.
I would be thankful for any help.
regards
Camille