xsl-list

FAQs (was: grouping)

2002-12-02 15:49:14
G. Ken Holman wrote:

Below is a solution using variables and a solution using keys. Take your pick. Grouping algorithms are documented in the FAQ ... what aspects of the documentation did you find confusing?

Hey Ken (and others). It would be helpful if you provide a link if possible to
the relevant FAQ. I have been pointed at the FAQ a couple times myself and told
that what I was looking for was in there. I have yet to find the information.

From the XSL list's main page clicking on "XSL FAQ and other information on
XSL" takes me here:

  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/#faq

From here, the Dave Pawson FAQ does not seem to have any information on
grouping, and it would seem that the rest of the links are top-level W3C
recommendations. So it makes me wonder what I have been missing. Actually a FAQ
on grouping algorithms would really help me out. The code sample you gave me
awhile back on grouping using generate-id() is working great, but I still don't
understand *why* it works. A FAQ on grouping might clear a few things up for me.

Thanks.