xsl-list

Re: COUNT IN THE SAME STYLESHEET

2002-12-01 11:32:59
adrianori(_at_)email(_dot_)it wrote:

I'VE AN URGENT PROBLEM TO SOLVE
Please, don't write in upper case, it's like you are screaming.

I NEED TO COUNT THE NUMBER OF NODE "NAME" BUT I HAVE TO DO IT IN THE
SAME XSL SHEET THAT PRODUCE THEM!
That greatly depends on what NAME element generation logic is. I mean if you are just copying them as is from a source xml, you can number them in a source. General solution can be as follows: transform to a variable, then convert it to a nodeset, calculate what do you want and then output. But that requires extension function xxx:node-set(rtf) and more more memory for temporary tree. + consider 2 pass solution - first stylesheet did actual transformation and second one number your nodes.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team