xsl-list

Re: Problem reading root element in XML Stylesheet based XML document

2003-01-31 11:29:08
At 6:06 PM -0500 1/31/03, Chris Libby wrote:
I am having a problem reading the root element when performing an XSL
Transformation on an XML file that is based on an XML Schema. The
transformation is successful, however, if I base the XML document on a DTD
file instead.

The problem is not what you think it is. You're trying to match an Order element in no namespace. You need to match an Order element in the publicid:org.xCBL:schemas/XCBL35/Order.xsd namespace.

For example,

<xsl:template xmlns:cd="publicid:org.xCBL:schemas/XCBL35/Order.xsd" match="cd:Order">
<xsl:text>Print this text if the root element is matched</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

(You should also use a real URL as a namespace URI. The publicid scheme is not registered with the IANA. )

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo(_at_)metalab(_dot_)unc(_dot_)edu |
Writer/Programmer |
|           Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)          |
|              http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava             |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA  |