xsl-list

Re: constructing the Node Sets

2003-01-29 09:00:38
Siva Jasthi wrote:

I have tried this out in my xsl, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Here is a sample A.xml and B.xsl.  (count of a: 4, count of b: 3, count of
c: 0) is the output of the html.

I expected that the intersection of a and b will produce a count of 2, but
it is coming out as 0.  (Because the obid="A" and obid="B" are common to
both a and b).
Wait a minute, your xml contains 7 nodes, which you've been divided into 2 disjoint subsets (because name attribute value cannot be simultaneously 'Asm' and 'Cmp'). So intersection is empty set. If you need number of nodes with the same obid attribute value, that's not an intersection actually.
What you want is much simpler:
<xsl:variable name="c" select="$a[.=$b]"/>

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team