xsl-list

Conditional splitting of string with XSL

2003-01-26 03:35:59
Hello ,
  I have a simple XML file as below:

<verylongtext>
longtextlongtextlongtext ongtextlongtextlongtextlon
textlongtextlongtextlongtex longtextlongtextlongte
tlongtextlongtextlongtextlongtext ongtextlongtext
ongtextlongte tlongtextlongtextlongtextlongtextlon
textlongtext ongtextlo gtextlongtext..can be very
long..
</verylongtext>

I want to write a XSL stylesheet which can split the
<verylongtext> data into multiple lines of 20
charcaters each. I need only 1st 3 lines after
splitting.

If there is a space character in data, then the split
needs to be done just before the space, and the space
character should be the <= 20th character..

Can anybody please help me with this problem.. Or is
this at all possible with XSL..? Will appreciate an
early reply..

Regards,
Mukul