xsl-list

RE: Caching document in browser

2003-01-24 11:00:11
-----Original Message-----
From:     Al Byers <byersa(_at_)automationgroups(_dot_)com>
Sent:     Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:01:58 -0700
To:       xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject:  [xsl] Caching document in browser

If I were to write an XSL script to be executed on a browser and that script imported another XML doc using the document()
method, would that document be cached by the browser so that
it did not have to be reloaded each time?

Thanks

What event are you referring to when you say "each time"?

I'm going to assume that you don't mean "each time the page is loaded". If you
did, you would have to store information in a session variable and that's way outside the
topic of this list.

Let's say that you mean that you want to have access to the contents of the
imported document after the script is executed. If your processor exposes the
imported document via an API, you could dynamically insert it into the HTML
page's DOM document using DOM programming such as .appendChild(), and refer to
it via DOM programming methods such as .getElementById(), but I guess that, too
is off topic. Does this help?

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email