xsl-list

dynamic construction of path based on param

2003-01-22 11:00:54
I want to dynamically construct a path based on a
param called $course. Here is my current code:

<xsl:if test='contains($course, "510")'>
        <xsl:variable name="path" select="x510" />
</xsl:if>

<xsl:if test='contains($course, "340")'>
        <xsl:variable name="path" select="x340" />
</xsl:if>

<xsl:apply-templates select='syllabus/$path'/>

When I run the transformation the transformer responds
with "pattern empty," which tells me that it is not
changing the $path variable properly or that I have
not encoded it correctly. It is, however, receiving
the parameter correctly as I tested for that. How do I
construct this correctly? Also, ideally I'd just like
to use $course in the path. Thank you.

ra5en(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com