xsl-list

Re: XML->XSLT->HTML->CSS

2003-01-21 22:27:38
Apply the XSLT on the back end using AxKit or Cocoon ;-)

simon

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 07:55  PM, Shawn O. McKenzie wrote:

I am attempting to take XML files and dynamically convert to HTML with XSLT in the browser (no problem there). During the transform to HTML I throw in a reference to a CSS file. It seems that IE has no problem with this, but Netscape/Mozilla do not seem to apply the CSS.

One option is to transform directly to XML and apply the CSS to the XML tags, but the data is link-heavy, and I really don't want to mess with xlinks due to the differences with browser support and all that. I thought it would be simple to transform to HTML in the browser and link a CSS for the look and feel stuff. Odd that Netscape is not working properly (Netscape 7.01).

Anyone bump into this before?

---
www.simonwoodside.com