xsl-list

RE: Correctly sorting ID's

2003-01-21 09:28:49
Hi Eliot,

Thanks for the response; I was hoping on pure XSLT solution, so I'm
looking into using the exslt template you mentioned, although I'm still
a little lost as to what I'll do with the resulting node-sets. Thanks.

Niki

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of W.
Eliot
Kimber
Sent: 21 January 2003 15:51
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Correctly sorting ID's

Niki Dinsey - CSW wrote:
Hi there list guru's, I have a question.

In a transform, is it possible to correctly sort these poorly formed
id's listed below

I'm sure it's possible to do something with pure XSLT or EXSLT (e.g.,
using the tokenization extension), but it would probably be easier to
write a custom collator (at least using Saxon). Then you could easily
implement your collation semantics in Java.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot(_at_)isogen(_dot_)com
Consultant, ISOGEN International

1016 La Posada Dr., Suite 240
Austin, TX  78752 Phone: 512.656.4139