xsl-list

Re: document()

2003-01-18 08:23:24
Andrey Solonchuk wrote:

  can I with function document access files with wildcards *.xml or
  another ?
You can but not directly. As you cannot expect that standard http:// or file:// handler would accept "*.xml" as an URI you have to pass it through your own URI Resolver, which implements your document access logic. Alternatively don't forget that document() function accepts a nodeset as first argument and in this case the result is a union of results of calling document() with each node in the nodeset as first argument - I mean chances are this behaviour would satisfy your requirements.

See 12.1 Multiple Source Documents, http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#document
--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team