xsl-list

RE: Problem with parameter processing

2003-01-17 15:55:17

Create a String out of the array with a delimiter like "1:3:4:8:"
Pass this string as parameter to XSL file.
With in the xsl you can do something like.

<xsl:for-each select="trnsaction">
        <xsl:if test="contains(ARRAY_STRING, @id)">
                do processing
        </xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

Raj..

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaywanth [mailto:jrao(_at_)fsl(_dot_)org(_dot_)jm]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 4:46 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Problem with parameter processing

Hi All,

I am newbie to the XSL world and would appreciate any help..

I have an array in a java program that has elements [1,3] , i need a way to
pass this array to XSL and filter the transactions whose "id" attribute
match the values in the array .

In the sample listed below, i need the header part (
<TPCA><company><location><transactions> ) and the transactions 1 and 3 in
the output.

Any sample code would be of great help.

Thanks and Warm regards
Jaywanth

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<TPCA xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="SAMPLE.xsd">
 <company>AAA</company>
 <location>bbb</location>
 <transactions>
  <transaction id="1">
   <tranDate>11/11/2002</tranDate>
   <tranTime> 11:30 </tranTime>
  </transaction>
  <transaction id="2">
   <tranDate>11/11/2002</tranDate>
   <tranTime> hhh </tranTime>
  </transaction>
  <transaction id="3">
   <tranDate>11/11/2002</tranDate>
   <tranTime>11:50</tranTime>
  </transaction>
 </transactions>
</TPCA>

"MMS <firstam.com>" made the following
 annotations on 01/17/03 14:55:21
"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH, ARE INTENDED SOLELY
FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE INDICATED
IN THIS MESSAGE (OR RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERY OF THIS MESSAGE TO SUCH PERSON)
YOU MAY NOT REVIEW, USE, DISCLOSE OR DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE OR ANY FILES
TRANSMITTED HEREWITH.  IF YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE
SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND ALL COPIES OF IT FROM YOUR
SYSTEM."