xsl-list

Re: XLST vs. X#

2003-01-13 13:45:48
Chuck White wrote:

> Also, I think there are folks on this list who will challenge the
> notion that XSLT is limited, or even that hard to use.

This is what I would expect, since most of them chose to deploy it.

I would think that most of those who find XSLT hard or quirky to use are not on this list, for this very reason. So there's a risk to say "XSLT is powerful and easy to use for us, so it *is* powerful and easy to use.", or as someone actually wrote today 'there are some people who "get it" and some who don't'. But some people check out XSLT, then decide to not use it, even if it would fulfill their requirements, because they find it hard to learn, and quirky or hard to use.

Personally, I like it a lot, but I see room for improvement. I think it's better to listen to criticism instead of telling them that "they don't get it".

Tobi

--

Vim users               donate.
http://iccf-holland.org/donate.html