xsl-list

Re: [XPath] matching elements which satisfy a specific content model

2003-01-13 03:40:18
I need to match a variablelist containing:

   1. An optional title element,
   2. after this, one or more varlistentry elements.

   <t:template match="variablelist[...]">
                                   ^^^
How to write

   title?, varlistentry+

in XPath?

I think I'm missing something obvious. If it's very simple, then I'm
happy :)

Else I think it would be great to have something like
content-model():

   <t:template
    match="variablelist[content-model(title?,varlistentry+)]">

Tobi

The match pattern is:

variablelist[*[position() = 1 and (self::title or self::varlistentry)]

             and not(*[position() > 1 and not(self::varlistentry)])
            ]

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.