xsl-list

Re: [XPath] matching elements which satisfy a specific cont ent model

2003-01-13 03:11:02
David(_dot_)Pawson(_at_)rnib(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk wrote:

>>    match="variablelist[content-model(title?,varlistentry+)]">
>>
> Since the title is optional, it can't be relied on.

But it needs to be included in the matching pattern; see below.

> try match="variablelist[varlistentry]"
>
> I.e. match on the element if and only if it has a varlistentry as a
> child.
> The number of children is not of interest, nor the fact that it may
> also have a title as a child.

But yes, it is of interest; I need to match variablelist containing *nothing but* title?,varlistentry+. There can not be any other elements, and if there is a title, it must come first.

Your variablelist[varlistentry] matches variablelist elements if they contain one or more varlistentry children; but also if they contain myriads of other elements as children, which is not what I need.

Tobi

--

Vim users               donate.
http://iccf-holland.org/donate.html