xsl-list

RE: XML reformatting <xsl:element & <xsl:for-each

2003-01-07 07:25:53
Hi,

I have an xml file below that needs to be transformed before I can use
it, the problem is that in the <Table> section there may be more
parameters later on, this file is coming from a database.

I'm trying to use the <xsl:element> in the template for the <Table>
section and loop through all the child nodes of <Table> to put them in
the output xml, but It keeps saying that the element name is not a
QName, How can I accomplish this???

I'm also getting Odd errors about <xsl:text>, 'Unexpected  Child'.

Must say thanks to Joerg Heinicke for his insight on my previous
question, had spent ages on trying to get that working
yesterday, seems
so simple now :), hindsight :)

Xslt:
<xsl:template match="Table">
      <xsl:for-each select="*">
      <xsl:text>
              <xsl:value-of select="current()/text()"/>
      </xsl:text>

xsl:text can only have character data children. If you don't need the
whitespace, just remove the xsl:text element.

              <xsl:element name="name()">

The generated element name would be "name()", which isn't a QName. Use AVTs,
i.e.

  <xsl:element name="{name()}">

Cheers,

Jarno - Grendel: End of Ages (Arzt+Pfusch Japscat Remix)