xsl-list

RE: in-document references

2003-01-06 18:14:25
Hi again,

You example should work.  Does it work if you do:

   <xsl:template match="ref">

<xsl:variable name="current_name" select="@name"/>

     <li>Ref:
       <b><xsl:value-of select="@name"/></b>
       <ul>
<xsl:apply-templates
  select="//define[(_at_)name=$current_name]"
  mode="def"/>
       </ul>
     </li>
   </xsl:template>

but this is very inefficient if you have a large schema with many define's.

<snip/>

To select just
descendants of the context node, do:

<xsl:apply-templates select=".//define[(_at_)name=current()/@name]"
mode="def"/>

This is wrong. An RNG 'define' will not be in the context node.

The problem is that the "context" of the context node includes the
ancestor elements and so on, which I wish to access from <xsl:template
match="define">. Does that make sense?

not understanding... ancestors are not in the context node.

(This doesn't address optimization of course--this search pattern can
be
quite expensive.)

I can live with that, I'm using AxKit and static data.

You don't want to live with that :). I believe what you want is what I provided.
Let me know (offlist if you want) what did not make sense. I copied the examples
out of context with your examples so i can see how they might be confusing.

best,
-Rob

simon

---