xsl-list

Re: Moded Templates

2003-01-06 16:48:35

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 04:22  PM, Lopez, William wrote:

<MaintFunction>
 <Element1/>
 <Element2/>
 <Collection1>
   <Collection1ChildCollection>
     <AnotherElement>
       <AnotherCollection>
          <..Element>
            <..Collection>
            </..Collection>
          </..Element>
       </AnotherCollection>
     </AnotherElement>
   </Collection1ChildCollection>
 </Collection1>
</MaintFunction>

Some of these elements are optional or will be empty but the object
structure is consistent (if that makes any sense) and some of the elements will always need to be transformed into html. I was hoping that "mode" was
my ticket. Jeni replied with a solution- I'll have to tinker with it.

I'm not sure if I understand. If an element is optional, that's OK, write a template for it and the template will never be called if the element isn't present in the XML.

If that doesn't help, please send an instance of the XML and the output you are looking for.

simon

---
www.simonwoodside.com