xsl-list

RE: Re: Re: The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0

2003-02-26 06:35:25
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#d5e7759

The WD Spec contains the first of the above examples. The second was
added by me, because it is perfectly legal now, according to the
current WD Spec.

from reading the spec I don't think that these

<xsl:variable name="x" select="0"/>

<xsl:variable name="x" select="3"/>

 <xsl:variable name="x" select="$x + 2"/>

are legal

I know that it seems unbelievable, but they *are* legal, exactly
according to the spec: ...

"It is also not an error if a binding established by a local
xsl:variable or xsl:param element shadows another binding established
by another local xsl:variable or xsl:param. "

And in the previous threads Mike Kay explained that according to the
current spec these are legal.

can you point me to the part in the spec where that is allowed? If
that's right I'm gonna have to take the day off to go indulge in
heavy
drugs.

This is exactly how I felt when first encountered this new XSLT 2.0
feature.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.