xsl-list

Re: xpath question, getting last instance of element

2003-02-25 11:56:16
On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, G. Ken Holman wrote:
(//DDD)[last()]

By putting the XPath expression in parentheses you are obtaining the set of
all DDD elements from the whole document.  Then, applying the predicate to
the entire set, you end up with the last DDD.  Had you not used parentheses
you would end up with the set of all DDD elements that are the last of
their sibling DDD elements.

Ahh, it looks like I need to learn more before I start trying to help
others :-)

Thanks (and apologies for my earlier misleading reply),

   Piotr