xsl-list

What's the new Java (1.4) command-line for Xalan transformation processing?

2003-02-19 14:02:50
Greetings.

[ I apologize if this is an overly Java-related question, but it's to run XSLT
transforms. ]

I've missed something in upgrading from Java 1.3.1 to Java 1.4 when it comes to
using my familiar command-line Xalan:
        java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN in.xml -XSL myxsl.xsl -OUT
out.xml -PARAM recipe abc
        http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/commandline.html

I understand Xalan and Xerces are now part of the Sun Java (J2SE) distribution,
and that (in theory?) you don't need to separately install them, but I don't
know where to go in all the Java packages to get a similar command-line utility.

About the closest I come in looking at the API is this, and it isn't right...
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/Transformer.html

OTHER SEARCH
I searched the XSL-List archive on "Java; Xalan",
org\.apache\.xalan\.xslt\.Process, "org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process" etc.
I looked at Dave Pawson's XSL FAQ.
I looked around at java.sun.com.

FALLBACK
Going back to Java 1.3.1 and the separately installed Xalan and Xerces
directories is of course my option here, but I'd like to learn if/where the
information is on how to get a command-line utility with j2sdk1.4.1_01 and its
now incorporated Xalan & Xerces classes.

Thanks very much,
William Reilly