xsl-list

Re: Adding/preserving explicit closing tag on empty elements

2003-02-19 11:48:41
From: "Mark Griffin" <cornbinder(_at_)attglobal(_dot_)net>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: [xsl] Adding/preserving explicit closing tag on empty elements
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:11:21 -0700

I'm using output method="xml" to get XHTML output and I have to use the
following to force a closing tag on my SVG "image".  Try the same with your
<script> tag:

           <object type="image/svg+xml">
              <xsl:attribute name="data">
                 <xsl:value-of select="@PATH"/>
              </xsl:attribute>

              <xsl:attribute name="width">
                 <xsl:value-of select="@WIDTH"/>
              </xsl:attribute>

              <xsl:attribute name="height">
                 <xsl:value-of select="@HEIGHT"/>
              </xsl:attribute>
              <!-- The closing 'object' tag is necessary; a simple ' />'
shows the .svg but inhibits
                   display of anything else beyond the .svg display.
                   xsl:text (a carriage return, here) is added to force
ouput of the required 'object'
                   closing tag. -->
              <xsl:text>
</xsl:text>