xsl-list

Re: xslt coding conventions

2003-02-19 07:15:38
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch(_at_)piper-group(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject: [xsl] xslt coding conventions
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:52:42 -0000

My company is trying to obtain a new ISO certification and Ive been asked whether I work to any standards (!) such as the Sun Java coding conventions that java programmers use.

Ive never heard of any for xslt, but are there any around? Does anyone actually code to any standard? Are there any on the horizon that look promising (and will appease the auditors)?

(...aparently me saying 'my own' might not be good enough ;)

cheers
andrew

The only ones I follow are naming conventions, I normally use lowercase with multiple word tags having the second and subsequent words start with a capital letter (?camel casing) e.g. customerAddress.

I suppose having the templates listed in a certain order is a convention, followed because that's how people's minds work, the match="/" normally comes first etc.

Joe