xsl-list

RE: xslt core and intuition was RE: Reference to variable c annot be resolved.

2003-02-17 13:52:58
Lars Nyman wrote:

Who learned Forth or Lisp as a first programming language? There must
have been somebody sometime.

In 1982 at Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden) the first
programming
language that was taught to the incoming students was ML.  In the second
quarter they taught us Pascal, but we had to first solve the programming
assignments in ML and then "translate" that solution to Pascal.

I would suggest that that must have been a rare program, even in 1982.  It
would be even rarer since then after two trends that began in the
mid-1980's:
    - the demise of "AI"
    - the explosion of procedural-based object technology

-- Roger Glover
   glover_roger(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com