xsl-list

RE: xslt core and intuition was RE: Reference to variable c annot be resolved.

2003-02-14 05:56:34
Actually, I'm not sure an intuitive language is good, or even possible.
Look at all spoken languages.  In the programming world, using C as an
example, there are many things which can be intuitively understandable with
enough knowledge of the core, but end up causing more bugs than that
intuition is worth:  for example

     if (i = j)

as an assignment and non-zero value test. That really does make intuitive
sense if you understand the history of the language.

I'd rather have a language which is easy to learn, doesn't allow flaws like
the above, even if it has no "intuitive-ity".

        Steve