xsl-list

RE: Base 64 decoder

2003-02-14 02:26:07
Hi,

I have in my XML doc a binary data encoded with the base64
method (this is
the only trick that I know to embed binary data inside the XML; does
anyone know a better solution?); this XML is to be

Linking.

transformed via an XSLT
doc which in turn has to produce tha binary data in native format,
i.e. has
to decode the base64 binary data representation.
Does anyone know if exists an implementation of a base64 decoder in
Standard XSLT 1.0?

You mean a Base64 decoder written in XSLT? Cannot be done with vanilla XSLT;
either postprocess the output or extend the existing serializer to launch a
Base64 decoder based on, e.g. <?base64 start?>.

Cheers,

Jarno - Covenant: Call The Ships To Port (Club Version)