xsl-list

Re: RE: Say thanks to XSL-List with a tip?

2003-02-11 19:49:03
Well, after more reflection I'm not sure that would happen, but it could.
Hey, if it is a problem for someone to help out, they won't.  There are some
people reading this list who know xsl inside and out.  Everybody at that
level, at one time or another, had the same questions (though the acronyms
may have been different).

The best way to show your thanks to the list is to help out when you can,
engage in intelligent discourse, and follow proper netiquette.

I read the OpenBSD and FreeBSD mailing lists, and they are a different by
180 degrees.  There, if someone asks a question that has already been
answered, you are likely to get more than a couple incindiary emails
consisting of "Why don't you RTFM!"  Its like a tech support queue from
hell.  Compared to that, the xsl list is like "free brain-candy".

----- Original Message -----
From: "M V" <htmlhack(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <mhs-list(_at_)aylix(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 8:26 PM
Subject: Fwd: RE: [xsl] Say thanks to XSL-List with a tip?

Very good point that I hadn't thought of...though, I really hope it
wouldn't
happen.... A hope that's a little naive on my part I guess.

From: "Michael Semcheski" <mhs-list(_at_)aylix(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject: RE: [xsl] Say thanks to XSL-List with a tip?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:19:46 -0500

Speaking for myself, I would be concerned that XSL-List would become more
of
a place to say "Hey, anybody want to do my homework?  Obviously, the
people
who answer the most questions should weigh in, but that won't stop me
from
voicing my opinion.

Rather than letting Paypal take a cut, why not:
A) Ask the person off of the list how you might tip them.
B) Donate to Dave Pawson if the XSL FAQ is worth it to you.
C) Without sounding like Tony Robbins (a "Personal Power" guru), I
believe
that if you go a little out of your way to help someone, it will come
back
to help you just as much.  Hey, I might be an engineer, but that doesn't
mean I can't believe in Kharma.

That said, I must say that I have been helped quite a few times by people
on
the list, and they get my thanks and appreciation.

Mike
So be it, Jedi.
www.nedyah.org